Curry Rice Salad
This healthy salad is a great for potlucks and entertaining—easy and delicious. It’s a good way to use up leftover rice, too. I sometimes use a 50-50 mix of brown and white rice for extra fiber and flavor.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice, cooled
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, olives, peanuts and onions. In a
- small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice and seasonings.
- Gently stir into rice mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1
- hour before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 400 calories, 24 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 731 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.