A little curry powder goes a long way. Use Jemima’s personal blend instead of store-bought to flavor her delicious recipes on page XX, or experiment on your own.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cardamom pods
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seed
- Remove seeds from cardamom pods. In a spice grinder or with a mortar
- and pestle, combine cardamom seeds with remaining ingredients; grind
- until mixture becomes a powder. Store in an airtight container for
- up to 1 year. Yield: 2 tablespoons.
Nutrition Facts: 1/4 teaspoon equals 3 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, trace carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: Free food.