Curry On Deviled Eggs
Hummus and curry powder in deviled eggs? You bet! One bite of these, and you'll never go back to plain deviled eggs again! —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/3 cup hummus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced roasted sweet red peppers
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash pepper
- Chives and additional roasted sweet red peppers
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a
- small bowl, mash yolks. Add the hummus, oil, minced red peppers,
- lemon juice, salt, curry powder and pepper; mix well. Stuff or pipe
- into egg whites.
- Garnish eggs with chives and additional red peppers. Refrigerate
- until serving. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 stuffed egg half equals 72 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer