Curry Ketchup with a Kick
Turn up the heat on ordinary ketchup with this spicy version that stars curry. Delicious on brats and grilled sausages, it can be served warm or cold.Alexandra Williams, Pfofeld, Germany
32 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 bottle (20 ounces) ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup curry powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce
- heat; simmer, covered, 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring
- occasionally. Refrigerate, covered, at least 8 hours before serving.
- Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 tablespoon equals 24 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 241 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.