Curry Chicken Pumpkin Soup
“I made up this recipe and always served it on Halloween,” says Patty D'Amore of Glendora, California. This fragrant, heart-warming soup hits the spot on a cool afternoon.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups cubed peeled pie pumpkin
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup frozen corn
- 1/3 cup cooked small pasta shells
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until
- bacon is crisp; drain. Add the pumpkin, broth, tomatoes and curry;
- bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or
- until pumpkin is tender. Stir in the chicken, corn and pasta; heat
- through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups (prepared with reduced-sodium broth) equals 148 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 580 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.