I’ve been cooking this simple rice dish for more than 40 years. The pleasant curry flavor is especially nice with roasted chicken, turkey or duck, making it the perfect addition to a holiday spread.Bess Placha, Chicago, Illinois
7 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon each dried basil, marjoram, thyme and sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- In a large saucepan, saute rice and onion in butter for 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer for 18-22 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 7
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 204 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 626 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.