Curried Pumpkin Soup
I whipped up this satisfying soup last Thanksgiving for my family, and everyone was crazy about it! Even my brother, who is one of the pickiest eaters I know, asked for seconds.
-Kimberly Knepper, Euless, Texas
7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Minced chives
- In a large saucepan, saute the mushrooms and onion in butter until
- tender. Stir in the flour and curry powder until blended. Gradually
- add the broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Add the pumpkin, milk, honey, salt, pepper and nutmeg;
- heat through. Garnish with chives if desired. Yield: 7 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 157 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 686 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.