Curried Pork and Fruit
Tender pork, tropical fruit and a spicy curry sauce combine in this tongue-tingling recipe from Nancy Becker of Franklin, Illinois. "It never fails to win compliments," she says.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 pound Pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
All natural Whole Pork Tenderloin is a great base for any meal. Mix it up with different marinades and sauces for a great dinner.
See More Recipes >
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) unsweetened tropical mixed fruit, drained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry pork
- and onion for 2-3 minutes or until pork is browned and onion is
- tender. Sprinkle with the flour, curry, salt, cayenne and ginger;
- toss to coat. Stir in the broth; bring to a boil. Add fruit; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup pork mixture calculated without rice) equals 190 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 437 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit.