Curried Honey Chicken
A friend gave me this recipe, and it always receives lots of compliments. The curry-citrus sauce is the perfect accent for the golden-baked chicken. —Joanna Burks
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside 1/3
- cup for basting. Dip chicken in remaining butter mixture; place in a
- well-greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour, basting occasionally with
- reserved butter mixture. Remove chicken and keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir
- in the pan drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- or until thickened. Drizzle over chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 pound) equals 164 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 515 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.