Curried Chicken and Grits Casserole
Southern-style cheesy grits meet curry and loads of vegetables to make a satisfying casserole that blankets the house with an inviting aroma. —Lori Shamszadeh, Fairhope, Alabama
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking grits
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (4 ounces each) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken and mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- Bring water, 1 cup broth and salt to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Slowly stir in grits. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-6 minutes or
- until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir a small amount of grits
- into eggs. Return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Add 1-1/2
- cups cheese and butter; stir until melted.
- Combine the soup, mayonnaise, curry powder and remaining broth in a