Curried Chicken Turnovers
Whenever I have leftover chicken, I prepare plenty of these tasty turnovers and freeze them They make a fast and flavorful meal whenever my clan's craving a chicken dish.
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 medium apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pastry for double-crust pie
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; set aside. Roll
- pastry to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 5-in. circles. Spoon about 1/4
- cup filling in the center of each circle. Moisten edges of pastry
- with water. Fold over and seal edges with a fork.
- Place on a greased baking sheet. Cut 1/2-in. vents in tops. Brush
- with egg. Bake at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yield: 8 servings.