Curried Chicken Salad
I sometimes serve this salad on a big lettuce leaf with breadsticks and fresh melon wedges. But it's also delicious in a pita pocket lined with lettuce.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 can (8 ounces) water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium apple, diced
- 3/4 cup halved green grapes
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, juice drained and reserved
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1-1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients. Blend all dressing
- ingredients and toss with chicken mixture. Chill several hours.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (with light mayonnaise and soy sauce) equals 297 calories, 12 g fat (0 saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 18 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat,