Curried Chicken Salad for Two
"Curry and mustard complement the sweet fruit and crunchy nuts in this guilt-free salad. I like on a bed of greens or whole wheat toast, or scooped up with apple slices. Instead of chicken breast, try store-bought rotisserie chicken." —Joanna Perdomo, Miami, Florida
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 small apple, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the yogurt,
- preserves, curry, mustard, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Serve on
- lettuce leaves. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 332 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as