Curried Celery and Apples
This recipe is a delicious accompaniment for pork. The curry powder adds a delightful zip.Lois Miller, Bradenton, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until crisp-tender,
- about 5 minutes. Stir in apple. Cover and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour, curry powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 2
- minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve immediately. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 178 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 502 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.