Curried Butternut Squash Kabobs
These baked squash cubes pick up a mouthwatering grilled taste along with a mild curry butter flavor. The pretty orange side dish adds interest to more traditional summer entrees.Mary E. Relyea, Canastota, New York
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + cooling Grill: 10 min.
- 1 butternut squash (2 pounds), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place squash in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the
- butter, curry powder and salt; drizzle over squash and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 20-25 minutes or until tender and
- lightly browned, stirring twice. Cool on a wire rack.
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread squash cubes. Grill,
- covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until
- heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 42 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.