Curried Broccoli Salad
We love this salad's crunch and color. It has the right combination of spices and a hint of sweetness from coconut and dried cranberries. This is one of our favorite end-of-garden recipes.
-Nancy Fleming of Rainier, Washington
5 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup fat-free Miracle Whip
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onions
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Add the
- broccoli, onion, cranberries and walnuts; toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Yield: 5 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 161 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 239 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.