This dish is the perfect complement to any kind of barbecued meat; just add a salad for a complete meal. Leftovers are good served with a chili topping.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green chilies
- In small bowl, mix cornmeal, salt and soda. In large bowl, combine
- the remaining ingredients; blend in cornmeal mixture. Pour into a
- greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40
- minutes. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 226 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 547 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.