Cucumbers with Dill
Sprinkling cucumber slices with salt and letting them stand in a colander draws out excess water so the stay crisp when set on a barbecue buffet. Try them alongside any grilled entree. —Light & Tasty Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 medium cucumbers, sliced 1/8 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Place cucumber slices in a colander over a plate; sprinkle with salt
- and toss. Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring once. Rinse and drain
- In a large bowl, combine the vinegar, dill, sugar and pepper. Add
- cucumbers; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15
- minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 40 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 471 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.