Cucumbers in Sour Cream
Thank Carmen Edwards in Midland, Texas for this quick, classic summer salad of cool, crunchy cucumber slices in a creamy dressing. “It goes with any entree,” she notes.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chives or minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, chives, lemon juice, salt if
- desired and pepper. Add cucumber and toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup (prepared with reduced-fat sour cream; calculated without salt) equals 51 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.