Cucumbers in Cream
This recipe is a five-ingredient salad that goes together quick as a wink. This recipe is a great way to use locally produced cream.Dolores Hayes, Fort Plain, New York
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 5 medium cucumbers, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, gradually whisk the vinegar into the cream. Gently
- stir in the cucumbers, salt and pepper. Serve immediately or
- refrigerate for a short time. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 131 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 85 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.