Cucumber Shrimp Appetizers
"When my friend's husband needed lower-fat snacks, she served him this fresh-tasting shrimp spread," recalls field editor Patricia Kile of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania. "Cucumber slices are a fun and healthy alternative to crackers."
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 1 medium cucumber (8 inches), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Fresh dill sprigs, optional
- In a bowl, combine the pineapple, shrimp, mayonnaise, onion, mustard
- and dill. Spoon onto cucumber slices. Garnish with dill sprigs if
- desired. Yield: 32 appetizers.
Nutrition Facts: One appetizer equals 16 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Free Food.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.