Zippy jalapeno, tart lime juice and garden-fresh cucumbers take center stage in this chunky salsa from Sandy Lee of Choctaw, Oklahoma. "I always have more cucumbers than I can use, so I created this recipe," she says. "It complements just about anything."
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and
- refrigerate for 1 hour. Serve with chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1/4 cup salsa) equals 11 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Free Food.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.