Cucumber Potato Salad
Because it seems to appeal to so many, this creamy salad is one of my favorite crowd-size recipes. I've taken it to potlucks and picnics...and it's always a hit.
36 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 5 pounds red potatoes
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) cucumber ranch salad dressing
- Place potatoes in a large kettle; cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and cool. Cut potatoes into small cubes.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the potatoes, celery, onions, dill
- and salt. In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise and salad dressing until
- blended. Pour over potato mixture and stir gently to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving. Yield: 36 servings
- (about 3/4 cup each).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 198 calories, 17 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.