Cucumber Melon Salad
This colorful salad is tangy and delicious. The unexpected combination is such a pleasant surprise. You can use whatever type of melon you have on hand.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Dash pepper
- 1 unpeeled small cucumber
- 1 cup cubed melon of your choice
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, sugar and pepper. Cut
- a few slices from cucumber and set aside for garnish. Cut remaining
- cucumber into quarters, then cut into pieces.
- In a serving bowl, combine cucumber and melon. Pour dressing over
- all; toss gently to coat. Garnish with reserved cucumber slices.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 92 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.