Cucumber Couscous Salad
Chicken or grilled salmon are perfect alongside this refreshing salad. Its combination of cucumber and dill tastes great, and couscous makes it a hearty side dish. Evelyn Lewis of Independence, Missouri
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove
- from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the couscous, cucumbers, red pepper and
- onions. Whisk together the buttermilk, yogurt, dill, vinegar, oil,
- salt and pepper. Pour over couscous mixture. Cover and refrigerate
- for at least 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 126 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 172 mg sodium,