This recipe is a great light lunch or dinner. The cute canoes are fun for kids to put together using healthy vegetables. And they love eating them, because they made the meal themselves.Robert Gibson, Norristown, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium carrot, cut into eight sticks
- Slice cucumbers in half lengthwise; with a spoon, remove and discard
- the seeds. cut a thin slice from bottom of each cucumber half if
- necessary so it sits flat. In a bowl, combine the tuna, mayonnaise,
- celery, onion, salt and pepper. Spoon into cucumber halves. Add
- tomatoes for people and carrot sticks for paddles. Yield: 4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 288 calories, 23 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 311 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.