- Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt, baking
- powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix
- well. Divide dough into four portions; cover and refrigerate for 1
- Roll out each portion between two sheets of waxed paper into a 16-in.
- x 6-in. rectangle. Spread 1 cup filling lengthwise down the center
- of each. Starting at a long side, fold dough over filling; fold the
- other side over the top. Pinch seams and edges to seal. Cut each
- rectangle diagonally into 1-in strips. Place seam side down on
- parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake at 400° for 10-14 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool
- completely. Combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve
- desired consistency; drizzle over cookies. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 132 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.