Crustless Pumpkin Pie
Baked in a water bath, this pie has a texture that's more like a custard than a traditional pumpkin pie. In place of canned or fresh pumpkin, I sometimes use cushaw, a type of crookneck squash.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and flour. Add eggs; mix well. Stir in
- the pumpkin, milk, vanilla and cinnamon if desired; mix until well
- blended. Pour into a greased 9-in. pie plate. Place pie plate in a
- 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; add 1/2 in. of hot water to pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 211 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 49 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.