Crustless Pineapple Pie
I took a favorite pie recipe and substituted canned pineapple for the coconut it called for. The results were delicious. You can also bake this ahead of time.Christi Ross, Guthrie, Texas
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 cups milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Yellow food coloring, optional
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, well drained
- Whipped topping, optional
- In a blender, combine the milk, sugar, biscuit mix, butter, eggs,
- vanilla and food coloring if desired; cover and process until
- smooth. Sprinkle the pineapple into a greased deep-dish 9-in. pie
- plate. Pour batter over pineapple.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Garnish with whipped topping if desired.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 225 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.