Crustless Pear Pie
Having an abundance of pears one summer, I came up with this pleasing pie using that fresh fruit.Eunice Gutbrod, Greenfield, Wisconsin
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 cups sliced peeled pears
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- In a bowl, combine the pears, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and
- nutmeg; toss to coat. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with
- cooking spray. Sprinkle with almonds.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt;
- cut in butter until crumbly. sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire
- rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One slice equals 242 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium,