Crunchy Vegetable Spread
This recipe was sent in by Carolyn Griffin, Macon, Georgia.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded seeded peeled cucumber
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Assorted crackers
- Place vegetables in a small colander or strainer; drain well. In a
- small bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon juice until blended. Stir in
- vegetables and pepper. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/3 cup) equals 144 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.