Crunchy Turkey Salad
“This is such a great salad,” says Mina De Kraker in Schaumburg, Illinois. “It's elegant enough for special occasions but couldn't be easier or quicker to make.”
Soy sauce, ginger and a dash of curry add wonderful flavor!
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/4 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 4 teaspoons chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons chopped water chestnuts
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash curry powder
- In a small bowl, combine the turkey, grapes, celery, pecans and water
- chestnuts. In another small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients.
- Pour over turkey mixture; toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat mayonnaise) equals 232 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 280 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.