Crunchy-Topped Spice Cake
"The recipe for this delicious spice cake originally called for cooking and mashing a pumpkin and making the cake from scratch," writes Laurine Lockwood of McGregor, Minnesota. "With my large family, I don't have time for all of that. I much prefer this easy version!"
12-15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, butter and pumpkin. Add cake mix; beat
- on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cups walnuts. Pour into a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with butterscotch chips
- and remaining nuts.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-15
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 387 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 351 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.