Crunchy Pecan Drops
My family looks forward to Christmas each year because that's the only time I make this candy. For a chocolate treat, I like to use chocolate kisses in place of the vanilla chips.
84 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) vanilla or white chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups chopped pecans
- In a large heavy saucepan, bring the sugar, milk and butter to a boil
- over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 8
- minutes. Add the remaining ingredients; stir until combined. Cool
- for 10 minutes.
- Quickly from by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets.
- If mixture becomes too thick, reheat slightly. Refrigerate for 20
- minutes or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the
- refrigerator. Yield: About 14 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 146 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 20 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.