Crunchy Peanut Butter Drops
Four pantry items are all you'll need to whip up Tammy Lewis' no-bake nibbles. "These simple treats make an ideal after-school snack," she writes from her Hudson, South Dakota home.
21 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 4 cups cornflakes
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir corn syrup and
- sugar for 7-8 minutes or until sugar is dissolved (do not boil).
- Remove from the heat; add peanut butter and stir until smooth. Fold
- in cornflakes.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper coated with cooking
- spray. Let stand for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until set. Store in a waxed
- paper-lined airtight container. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 245 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 172 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.