Crunchy Peanut Bark
Cereal and peanuts add the crunch to these sweet and peanut-buttery treats you can whip up in no time. One batch makes plenty for snacking and sharing. At Christmas, my sister and I add them to trays of homemade candies we give to the customers of the house-cleaning service we run. We're often asked for the recipe.
60 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pounds white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- In a microwave, heat candy coating at 70% power for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until
- smooth. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drop by heaping
- tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Let stand until set. Yield: 10
Editor's Note: White confectionery coating is found in the baking section of most grocery stores. It is sometimes labeled "almond bark" or "candy coating" and is often sold in bulk packages of 1 to 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 144 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.