Crunchy No-Bake Bites
Chow mein noodles put the crunch in these easy no-bake bars from Peggy Key of Grant, Alabama. Their pretty golden coating gets plenty of flavor from honey, vanilla and cinnamon.
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + standing
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) chow mein noodles
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) salted peanuts
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter, honey and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove
- from the heat; stir in vanilla. Add noodles and peanuts; gently stir
- to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. square pan. Cover with waxed paper; press
- into an even layer. Let stand for at least 1 hour before cutting.
- Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 196 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.