Crunchy Ham Salad
Whenever I have to bring a dish to pass for a large gathering, I'm asked to bring this salad. I always get many compliments.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups shoestring potato sticks
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, celery and onion. Combine
- mayonnaise, milk and mustard. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss
- to coat. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Just before serving,
- toss in the potato sticks and ham. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 248 calories, 21 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 462 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.