Crunchy Dessert Bars
"My son-in-law is diabetic and loves these five-ingredient frozen dessert bars," shares Shirley Reed of San Angelo, Texas. "With their nutty crunch from Grape Nuts cereal, we think they taste like the inside of a Snickers candy bar."
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 pint fat-free no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 package (1.0 ounce) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 cup Grape-Nuts
- In a large bowl, beat the first four ingredients until smooth. Stir
- in cereal.
- Transfer to a foil-lined 8-in. square pan. Cover and freeze for 3-4
- hours or until firm. Use foil to lift out of pan; discard foil. Cut
- into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: One bar equals 67 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.