Crunchy Berry Parfaits
For a nutritious day-starter, an afternoon snack or even dessert, Joy Cochran of Roy, Washington prepares these delightful parfaits with a variety of cut-up fruits.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat granola
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries or blueberries
- Place 2 tablespoons of granola in each of two parfait glasses. Top
- each with about 2 tablespoons yogurt.
- In a small bowl, combine berries; divide a third of the mixture
- between the two glasses. Repeat yogurt and berry layers. Top with
- the remaining yogurt, berries and granola. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 parfait equals 175 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.