Crunchy Beef Bake
I always use corkscrew noodles when preparing this, because the sauce seems to cling to them better than it does to flat noodlesensuring plenty of good taste in every bite!Janie Moore, Marion, Ohio
4-6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch
- oven, cook the beef, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until
- meat is no longer pink and green pepper is tender; drain.
- Drain pasta; add to the beef mixture with the tomatoes, soup, cheese
- and salt.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350°
- for 30-40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with onions and bake 5 minutes
- longer. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 417 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 884 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.