Crunchy Apple-Pecan Slaw
From North Platte, Nebraska, M.K. Bishop relates, "This salad is so quick to put together using a convenient coleslaw mix. It is crunchy and flavorful...and the toasted pecans make it seem special. A friend shared the recipe."
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 5 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 sweet apples, diced
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, toss the cabbage, apples, pecans, raisins and
- onions. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over
- cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 143 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat.