Crumb-Coated Red Snapper
Charlotte Elliott reels in compliments with these moist, crispy-coated fillets whenever she serves them in Neenah, Wisconsin. Heart-healthy omega-3 oils are an added bonus with her simple but delicious entrée that’s done in mere minutes!
CHARLOTTE”S TIP: “I pair this fish with instant rice and microwaved frozen beans or broccoli to keep things quick!”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 red snapper fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, lemon-pepper and
- salt; add fillets, one at a time, and turn to coat.
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, cook fillets in oil in batches
- for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 fillet equals 288 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 498 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.