- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring water, rice and salt if desired
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in butter until
- tender. Transfer to a large bowl. In same skillet, cook sausage over
- medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Drain rice; add rice and
- sausage to mushroom mixture and stir until blended.
- Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes. Remove
- foil. Spoon stuffing into center of roast. Garnish platter with kale
- and beets if desired. Carve between ribs to serve. Yield: 16
- servings (12 cups stuffing).
Nutrition Facts: 1 rib with 3/4 cup stuffing equals 387 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 356 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.