Crowd-Pleasing Apple Dumplings
Jeanne Wade of Icard, North Carolina comes from a family of 10 children. Her recipe for Apple Dumplings is an easy dessert that feeds a bunch.
30 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 15 medium apples, peeled and halved
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Flatten biscuits with hand. Wrap each biscuit around an apple half;
- place seam side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
- Combine sugar, water, butter and vanilla; pour about 1-2/3 cups into
- each pan. Sprinkle cinnamon over dumplings. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and apples are
- tender. Serve immediately. Yield: 30 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 164 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.