"This colorful confetti salad was served at my youngest son's summer wedding reception," writes Linda Dow of Bradford, Pennsylvania. "The hearty blend soaks up refreshing flavor from easy bottled dressing and tastes even better when it's made ahead of time and chilled overnight."
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Drizzle with
- dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately or refrigerate for 4 hours
- or overnight, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with fat-free cheese and salad dressing) equals 103 calories, 520 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol, 17 gm carbohydrate, 8 gm protein, trace fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat.