Crispy Zucchini Cakes
“I love these ‘crab cakes’ without the crab!” writes Mary Wagner from Austin, Pennsylvania. The crispy, well-seasoned zucchini patties make a change-of-pace dish that’s perfect for dressing up a light summer supper.
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Cook: 10 min./batch
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in eggs
- until well blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Shape into eight patties. In a large nonstick skillet coated with
- cooking spray, cook patties in oil in batches for 3-4 minutes on
- each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 zucchini cakes equals 241 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 750 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.