Crispy Taco Wings
These wings are everything you love about chicken—a crispy, flavorful outside with a tender, moist center—all with a tasty Southwest zip. —Blanche Gibson, Gordon, Wisconsin
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2-1/2 pounds chicken wingettes and drummettes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1-3/4 cups crushed corn chips
- In a large shallow bowl, combine flour and taco seasoning. Add wings,
- a few at a time, and coat. Place butter and corn chips in separate
- shallow bowls. Dip wings in butter, then coat with chips.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken wing equals 164 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 203 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer