Crispy Snack Mix
Jane shows us that you can make just about anything in the slow cooker, even a delightfully crispy snack mix. —Jane Sims, De Leon, Texas
15 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 2-1/2 hours
- 4-1/2 cups crispy chow mein noodles
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 1 can (9-3/4 ounces) salted cashews
- 1 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2-1/4 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the noodles, cereal, cashews and
- coconut. In a small bowl, whisk the butter, soy sauce, curry powder
- and ginger; drizzle over cereal mixture and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: about 2-1/2 quarts.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 298 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 420 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer