Crispy Shrimp Poppers
Hometown cook Jacquelynne Stine entered this terrific appetizer in our Las Vegas, Nevada competition. A crisp, golden coating surrounds her butterflied shrimp stuffed with bacon and cream cheese. You'll want to make a meal of these!
10 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 20 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 10 Wright® Brand Bacon strips
Make summer recipes special with fresh, thick slices of Wright® Brand Bacon.
See More Recipes >
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Butterfly the shrimp along the outside curves. Spread about 1
- teaspoon cream cheese inside each shrimp. Cut bacon strips in half
- lengthwise; wrap a piece around each shrimp and secure with
- In three separate shallow bowls, place the flour, eggs and bread
- crumbs. Coat the shrimp with flour; dip into eggs, then coat with
- bread crumbs.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- shrimp, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Discard toothpicks before serving. Yield: 20